RansuRansu Logo

Monday, May 23, 2005

a Creative Experiment

I'm currently trying out the Yahoo! Unlimited music service - they're offering a 7 day trial.
So, as mentioned in a previous post - I have a Creative Zen Micro and have been pretty please over the last few months.

In order to get the DRMd music to work, I had to download a firmware patch which is apparently in beta (Grabbed it here).
The application of the patch was pretty easy. As the instructions say - the device rebooted a number of times and it erased all my data (no concerns there).

Windows XP had no issue recognizing the device and offered to synchronize music after I plugged it in.

I tried the "Zen Micro Media Explorer" - a new icon added to my desktop as part of the install. Again, no issues seeing the device but the interface was nowhere as good as something like Creative MediaSource (and I'm not totally thrilled with that one either).

After having played with the Zen micro with some downloaded DRMd music from Yahoo! the biggest peeve for me is the DELAY, anywhere from 3 - 7 or more seconds, when I skip a song.
That is definitely not cool. And with all the music I can download from Yahoo! I end up having a few songs I don't really like or don't feel like listening to right at the moment.
If the speed were better, I would be very happy with the overall experience. Perhaps when the beta is complete the speed will be better. I will watch and wait for updates.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home